Friday, September 11, 2009

Healing

I love metaphors and so does God. One of my favorite parts of scripture is the book of James and his metaphors about the tongue. James was one of the first book of the Bible I read and it really fired me up as a newly adopted son of God. However, it is not a book to approach if you still feel like an orphan. Without the cross in plain sight, the book of James can paralyze a Christian earnestly seeking to love and serve God.

A book I was once enamored with became shrouded with an ominous cloud of condemnation and disappoint. Obvious lies; but indeed, Satan is the father of lies. I didn't understand the cross.

Everyone who came to Jesus in the Gospels was healed. Jesus came not only to get us a ticket into heaven. That is not what "saved" means. The Koine Greek word for saved in the New Testament is sozo, which means save, delivered, and healed. Jesus came to save the whole person and to make them whole. Eternity starts now. We can bring heaven to earth now through healed hearts, if we allow ourselves to truly behold the cross.

My Wednesday night small group is doing the book of James this semester. Approaching this book with the cross finally in view allows me to read verses that condemn those with tongue-control issues of false religion. I struggle with my tongue, but the Lord is healing me one day at time. This book convicts as it should, and thanks to the cross anything's ( and I mean absolutely anything) ability to condemn is completely incinerated. I am ecstatic, to say the least, to learn from the man who grew up with our older brother Jesus.

In my Tuesday night Bible Study, Papa God, has so instrumentally placed others with similar hurts and brokenness so that His healing will come so that I may be set completely free to soar like the eagle I was created to be. Day by day, the black hole in my heart is diminishing. Only and infinite God can do this. Pascal knew this. Happiness is an inside job; it really is. No matter what is happening outside...inside, as the Bible tells, we can and should rejoice always and be filled with peace.

It is all about being like the ant. One day at a time. The ant takes one grain of earth at a time, and ultimately has a colony. I must remind myself everyday, one day at a time. One day at a time. Worry leads to indolence, and indolence leads to despair. We were not made to be self appointed doomsday soothsayers of our won future. We must only focus on Him today and what He is doing today. And as the ant does not work alone, we have our family in Christ to help orient us if we become anxious about what we cannot see, not to mention our Daddy God who is full control of this contraption we call life and all He wants us to do is focus on the lesson of the day. We must stop jumping ahead.

A black hole is being filled and a pendulum is being placated, by one who is infinite and all powerful. My heart, my mind, body and soul are being healed one day at a time. At Bethel church this past July it was prophesied over me that the healing of my back would come through the healing of my mind. The kingdom is right in front of us; we must let Him heal our minds.

A new friend I have made who is already very dear to me told me today about how God healed his back for a few days. We had a beautiful conversation today and are excited to keep going to God in prayer as the widow did to the evil judge in the Gospels for full healing for his back. How much more will a good God answer if we are diligent. If we ask, we shall receive. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock and it will be opened. Please find Charles Spurgeon's book on prayer.

When I told him about my prophecy, he told me about his experience and, first off, the confusion and condemnation he felt when the pain returned. He wondered what He had done wrong. Then he became angry. However, today as we spent much of the day together, and we gushed about His goodness we both realized how much more important the healing of our minds and hearts are and we prayed for healing for of our backs; something we will contend for until our good God delivers. Prayer prompts God and it transforms us. It is a multipurpose tool of the divine nature into which we have become partakers. I am going to ask! I am going to seek! and I am going to knock! until I receive, find, and until it is opened to me. And when the breakthrough comes, I will give it freely as I received it freely! I am determined to watch healing come, not only in my own life, but in all of those around me. We grinned today, wide-eyed, as we remembered Jacob and at the same time said in our prayer, "I will not let you go, until you bless me!" and our Papa God loves to wrestle with us...He is such a good Daddy.

Climb into His lap :)

A. Christian

3 comments:

Joyful-Nomad said...

love it - so beautifully written!
keep resting and wrestling with Papa~

Joyful-Nomad said...

love it - so beautifully written!
keep resting and wrestling with Papa~

Christian said...

Will do Joyful-Nomad! ;)